SO MUCH TO DO…

Sitting at work, waiting on the Mauritian to call me back and my mind begins to wonder, thinking about all the stuff I could be doing, if I wasn’t at work.

Like, sorting out the laundry cupboard!

Why do I need to do that, we’ve only been living in this house for eleven months?

The truth is the cupboard is huge, it seems that the more stuff we put in there the more we can fit. I first named it the “just put it there for now” cupboard. It’s been rechristened to “The Mary Poppins” cupboard. I wonder, how many of you get the reference? But I digress, I could be sorting it out instead of chasing repairers or arguing with Claim Handlers.

Doubt I would do it anyway if I wasn’t at work. 

We need to shampoo our carpets and wash the curtains, the weather has been warm and dry, we could take advantage of it, if I wasn’t at work. It beats emailing status updates to Insurers!

Yeah, nah! Maybe not. 

The garden needs a good spring clean and spruce up, it would be good for me to get out into the sunshine and tidy up the flower beds, trim the hedge and tell the Mauritian where to cut the fruit trees back, if I wasn’t at work. It’s better than trying to get a cost schedule to balance.

Me?

Gardening?

Never gonna happen mate! 

We absolutely should be sorting out the office so the Mauritian can finally move in there and have a place to work separate from the rest of the house, and I can have my table back. The Mauritian could do that without me.

If he wasn’t supposed to be phoning me back, at work!

My Mum is coming for a visit in December, we should really sit down and make a list of places to take her or things to do. It would be a good plan to have an idea of what to do so we’re not scrambling about at the last minute. I should maybe make sure I have enough linen and pillows for the extra bed too. No rush, plenty of time to figure that out! Ten weeks to be almost exact!

Wait!

What?

Crap!

Now, while I wait for the Mauritian to call me back at work, I am making “things to do before Mum gets here” lists in my head!

I must make an effort to finish at least one of my crochet projects I am trying to do at the same time. I could put the blanket and the jersey to one side for now, weather has warmed up, and concentrate on the tablecloth and place mats we don’t actually need. I may have to bring the Lollipop’s cushion cover to work with me, so I’ll have something to do between claims.

And waiting for the Mauritian to call me back.

It then suddenly occurred to me that I really need to start writing again.

If I wasn’t at work, I’d do that!

Or I could just do it at work…

Comments

  1. Awesome Samantha glad you and my mad Mauritian brother and your family are settling in I do miss the Sunday Patron
    Unka Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I enjoy reading your ramblings, I feel you need a bit up Brenda’s boot….up your….. Start making a list and get it done. 10 weeks and counting 😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Manth, you should really start writing again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have great writing skills and you are an amazing story teller, please start to write.💞💯

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"In Tributum Ut"

Hey Dad

The Little Catastrophe